Picture Perfect

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect." - Zoey Sayward
     I am proud to say, I lived by this quote today.
     I went to Carli's, my model's, neighborhood park today and we took close to 500 pictures. Insane, right? I have to say, each picture was better than the next.
     I pulled up to the park and Carli was waiting for me. In her car, she had a department store's worth of denim. Skirts, shirts, shorts, jackets, it was never ending. But it was perfect for our photo shoot.
     The first outfit she put on was a simple pair of jean shorts and a white t-shirt. She stayed in this white shirt for the rest of the shoot because it was simple enough that it did not take away from the focus, the denim.
     The lighting couldn't have been more perfect. We shot outside because I though the brightness would be perfect when shooting the denim, and I was right.
     Not to brag or anything, but I was really proud of how the shots came out. Carli posed for each picture perfectly and like I thought ahead of time, truly told a story with each shot.
     I wanted to get creative and go outside of the box because after all that's what this project is all about. So, I decided to take a different approach.
     I wanted to feature mirrored sunglasses as a subject of my magazine. I didn't want to just take a picture of Carli's face with a pair of sunglasses on because lets face it, that would be boring. So, I thought to myself, how could I make this picture exciting.
     Then it hit me. A few years ago, my camp friends and I stuck sprinkles to our lips. It's really simple. You put a lot of lip gloss on, and then just pour A LOT of sprinkles on your mouth. It looks like you are wearing sprinkle lipstick.
     So this is what we did. We gave her sprinkle lipstick and we took the shot and it came out better than I could imagine.
     I have to say, this project is really turning out to be more than a project. It is a journey. It is a fun and exciting journey that I am really enjoying.

Comments

Popular Posts