New Year, New Me

“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisely
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. The title of this post is “New Year, New Me,” but it is already March. But here is why…
            Remember how I explained that I would be creating the January issue for my group. Well now I have begun researching predictions for the following January, 2018. That number is crazy. I am still writing “2016” accidentally on the top of my papers. But anyways, by the time this issue is released, it will be perfect timing.
            So this is what I found…
            Fashion United predicted the fashion forecast in an article published on January 23. Now, who knows if their prediction will come true. They claim that “these essential themes have been tracked by their trend experts.” But like I said, who really knows if they will come true. They claim that the upcoming trends will be the following: the oversized cuddle cluth, crystalline coral, and cat eye curves. I don't know how I feel about the cluth or the coral, but I have to say I love the sunglasses.
            However, their predictions will only be added research. It will be useful when I am making my predictions for the year 2018.
            In an article from the Observer entitled “A Trend Forecaster Explains what to Expectin Spring 2018,” WGSN Trend Forecaster Romeny Jacob predicts that athleisure (athletic/leisure) wear will be the next big thing in 2018. I am already seeing this prediction coming true, so maybe she is headed for the right track.
            I can already see this issue coming together, and I am excited for it. My research is progressing. Ideas are flowing. And I have a vision in my head.

            Like Brad Paisley, one of my favorite artists once said, tomorrow is a blank page. I can create whatever I want, however I want. This is why I love this project so much. I am allowed to be inspired by whatever and create anything I could possibly imagine.

Work Cited:
Abrams, Margaret. "A Trend Forecaster Explains What to Expect in Spring 2018." Observer. N.p., 22 Feb. 2016. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.
FashionUnited. "Spring Summer 2018 Key Accessories Trends." Fashionunited. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.


Comments

Popular Posts