Modelesque

     "Own your individuality and you will prosper like no other." - Jordyn Woods
     I have been thinking long and hard about who I want to choose as my model. While this may seem like a small decision, it was actually a lot tougher than I though it would be.
     While choosing someone who is photogenic as my model may seem like the obvious decision, I wanted to approach this choice in a new way.
     Our magazine goal is centered around providing advice and inspiration to teens. A pretty face alone does not do this.
     I wanted to choose someone who like the quote says, owns their individuality. This is the model that will provide advice and inspire teens. This is the type of person I want as my model.
     I first looked through my contact list on my phone and came across a few names that fit this description. Then, I went to their Instagrams and looked through each photo carefully, looking for specific details that would fit my specific model.
     My friend Carli fit this description. While she happens to be extremely photogenic and trendy, her confidence and grace when taking photos is why I chose her as my model.
     She sets the scene and poses for pictures in a way that tells a story, not that just shows off an item of clothing.
     I reached out to her, and was so thankful when she was more than willing to be my model. She was thrilled with the idea and is looking forward to help me inspire teen readers.

Comments

Popular Posts