FONTastic

"Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle." - Marilyn Monroe  
      Today, my group and I reconvened. We met and discussed how our magazines were going  to look. As of now, we all have an idea of the messages we want to portray in our magazines. But today, we focused on the lay out and design of project. Marilyn Monroe is right. Everyone of my group members is a star. We all deserve the right to twinkle, but we will not shine without the help of one another.
     We addressed a serious topic of layout and design... fonts. I love fonts. The way the letters fall on the page make readers feel different emotions at the sight of each one. There are also an endless amount of options to choose from, and trust me when I say it was so very hard to decide our cover line font.
     One of my favorite websites is Dafont. It provides viewers with categorized fonts ranging from fun and decorative to gothic and script.
     My group mates and I read through the website like it was a top selling book. Each one was more creative and amazing then the next.
     I took the initiative to create a document filled with all of the fonts we were deciding between for our cover line. This way, we could choose more easily because the fonts were lined up next to one another.

     After thinking long and hard, my group mates and I finally chose Goldani. While each font conveyed a unique meaning, we thought that this one was perfect for our vision. It is sophisticated yet fun, just like our target audience.

Comments

Popular Posts