Google - The answer to all my prayers!


“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” – Albert Einstein
             Einstein makes a valid point. I have no idea what I am doing. I have creative ideas, thoughts and visions, but I am still trying to find the right path to take. This is where research comes into play. I believe research is the most important part not only in this project, but in everyday life. It helps to make the product look professional, stylish, and attractive. It also provides me, the creator, with inspiration and thought provoking ideas.
So let me take you through my research process…
First, I googled teen magazines. Yes, Google. The answer to all of my prayers. After typing “teen magazines” into the search browser, Google filled me in on all the top teen centered magazines. I was filled with numerous options. From Teen Vogue, to Seventeen, to Tiger Beat. So, I started researching each.
Because I am focused on creating a January issue, I wanted to focus on the January issues these magazines have previously published. By the way, Magzter is my new favorite website. It categorizes magazines by genre and lets you preview each and every issue. I highly recommend!
I started first with Teen Vogue's Volume I issue. The magazines layout was filled with black and white spreads. It was chic, innovative, and overall inspiring. The cover depicts celebrity models Bella and Gigi Hadid. They just look happy. The cover draws readers in and the rest of the magazine keeps them reading. I know first hand because I couldn't close the tab.

Thankfully, Seventeen Magazine let me preview their January issue from 2017. I looked through the issue and examined each and every picture, each and every headline, each and every word. I focused on the brights colors, which oppose Teen Vogue's black and white theme. I also focused on dynamic photographs and thought to myself, this is the inspiration for my magazine. The lollipop pictures is my personal favorite. The topic of the article is something so simple as nail polish. Yet, the layout is eye catching and pulls readers in.


Both of these magazines are must reads. I fell in love with each and was filled with inspiration. I know feel comfortable taking a young adult approach to this project. My mind has now absorbed these themes and is already putting together ideas and thoughts. Once I organize my thoughts, you will be the first to know. I am proud to say, after researching, I now know what I am doing.



Comments

Popular Posts