And so it begins...

     "The beginning is the most important part of the work." - Plato
     These wise words carry meaning. Today is not only the beginning of many posts. It is the beginning of my research. This is the time when I found out who my influences are. This is the time when I found out what genre I want to enter in to. This is the time when I start brainstorming ideas that people will hopefully find inspiring and valuable. Plato is definitely correct when he says the beginning is the most important. So, here is my beginning.
     Today, I began researching magazines that I am connected to. Because I take interest in the fashion industry and believe in a healthy lifestyle, Teen Vogue struck me as my top inspiration. After studying the Teen Vogue website and exploring every possible nook and cranny, I came across a stimulating description of the magazine: "The rebellious, outspoken, empowering magazine that you need right now." These words spoke to me. I find myself to fit all these qualities. I found these words to be relatable.
     And then it hit me... It hit me like a brick.
     I want to create a magazine that is relatable to teens and my peers. A magazine that inspires the youth and provides necessary advice that every teen needs to survive in this crazy, insane world.
    So here is my next task: to start brainstorming how the magazine will appear.
    I want it to be attractive, eye catching, and jaw dropping. I want readers to walk through the aisle of the grocery store and stop in their tracks. I want readers to not be able to put the magazine down. But most importantly, I want readers to feel inspired when reading the magazine and say "Wow, this is so relatable."
     So this is my beginning. The most important part of the work that will hopefully lead to an amazing product and a memorable journey.



   

Comments

Popular Posts